On Saturday, February 3, Natixis, Team One Groupe and Hong Kong Rugby Union will bring the Natixis Rugby Cup to Hong Kong once again at Aberdeen Sports Ground. Pitting Racing 92 against the Cell C Sharks, the first ever South African Super Rugby side to play in Hong Kong, this fixture is sure to bring excitement to the stadium.
Racing 92 is currently in third place in the French top league and is taking part in the European Champions Cup. Among their impressive line-up of French and international stars are former All Black and three-time World Player of the Year Dan Carter
, as well as upcoming local player Matt Worley
“Natixis is delighted to once again welcome Racing 92 to Hong Kong, and particularly excited at the prospect of the team including one of Hong Kong’s native sons, Matt Worley,” says Mr Alain Gallois, Chief Executive Officer of Natixis, Asia Pacific.
[caption id="attachment_109573" align="aligncenter" width="618"]
Action from the 2016 Natixis Cup Match in Hong Kong[/caption]
Having reached the Super Rugby final on four occasions and the semi-final on four further, the Hong Kong tie will present an important pre-season opportunity for the Cell C Sharks to fine tune their squad for the 2018 Vodacom Super Rugby campaign.
“We are delighted to participate in the Natixis Rugby Cup 2018. Racing 92 is an impressive team with quality players. A match against them will be the ideal test that we require at the start of the 2018 Vodacom Super Rugby tournament, in terms of preparation and the fine-tuning of our game plan,” says Cell C Sharks Head Coach, Robert du Preez.
“Through the Hong Kong Sevens, we have seen how popular the game is in that part of the world, and look forward to playing in front of a great crowd and making new memories,” Du Preez adds.
[caption id="attachment_109583" align="aligncenter" width="618"]
Action from 2016 Natixis Cup Match in Hong Kong[/caption]
What is the Natixis Rugby Cup?
This year will mark the fourth edition of the Natixis Rugby Cup in Hong Kong since 2013. Natixis has a long standing commitment to Rugby and has sponsored Racing 92 in France since 2007, as well as the Hong Kong Football Club rugby section since 2014.
The Natixis Rugby Cup is known for its outreach to the local rugby community, sharing in the communal rugby spirit.
This tradition will continue in 2018 with a mini rugby clinic at the Aberdeen Sports Ground preceding the match. Young fans will be able to enjoy coaching sessions conducted by players who are not in the starting line-up on match day, starting from 1.30pm
, plus early autograph opportunities before the match. The fun will then continue post-match, with a beer garden courtesy of Stella Artois, food courtesy of Biltong Chief and live music from ‘Still Unbroken’ from 6 to 9pm.
Want to Win Free Tickets?
Tickets are currently on sale via Ticketflap
for uncovered general admission seating and $438
for covered general admission seating. VIP tickets, including food and beverage as well as reserved covered seats, are $738
You can buy your tickets here
, OR you can enter our competition below and stand a chance to win a pair of free tickets! *competition will close on January 30 and winners will be contacted via email on January 31.
COMPETITION IS CLOSED
[su_box title="Win Tickets to the Natixis Rugby Cup 2018" style="bubbles" box_color="#f98a3c" title_color="#000000" radius="2"][ninja_forms id=120][/su_box]
[su_spoiler title="Competition Terms & Conditions" style="fancy" icon="plus-circle"]
- Competition details form part of these terms and conditions
- Entry is open to residents of Hong Kong except employees (and their families) of Localiiz.com (HK) Ltd, Natixis, Hong Kong Rugby Union, Team One Groupe, and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- Competition duration is 10 days and will close on January 31st at 11:59pm.
- The prizes will be awarded to entrants who have followed the mechanics stated above.
- (3) Winner(s) shall receive (3) pairs of tickets to the Natixis Rugby Cup 2018 on Saturday February 3rd at the Aberdeen Sports Grounds
- Winner(s) will be contacted via email address provided on the entry form. If the winner(s) cannot be contacted, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, Localiiz.com (Hong Kong) Limited reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant.
- Localiiz.com x HKRU will collect personal data about entrants for purposes of administering contests. By entering into a contest, entrants agree to Localiiz.com x HKRU's collection and usage of their personal information.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over.
- Proof of identity and age may be required.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition and use of a false name or social profile will result in disqualification.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, delayed or corrupted, or due to computer error in transit.
- The prizes are as stated, are not transferable to another individual and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The winner(s) is (are) responsible for expenses and arrangements not specifically included in the prizes, including transport to the venue. Prizes are subject to availability and the prize suppliers’ terms and conditions, for example their opening hours.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Where applicable, the decision of the judges is final based on the criteria set out in the promotion and no correspondence will be entered into over this decision.
- The provider of the prize is specified within the promotional material.
- In the event of a discrepancy between these standard terms and conditions and the details in the promotional material (or any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry), the details of the promotional material (and any other terms and conditions provided/referred to at the time of entry) shall prevail.
- The competition organiser is Localiiz.com (Hong Kong) Limited, 1501 Connaught Commercial Building, 185 Wan Chai Road, Hong Kong.[/su_spoiler]
[button color="blue" size="medium" link="https://localiiz.us4.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=c2964a434922598f5d8ee53ff&id=07d327a2e8" icon="" target="true"]Subscribe to receive our weekly newsletter[/button]