TEDxWanChai returns this June 2
with a whole day of TED talks, poetry, workshops, and performances under the theme of EMERGENCE. Don't miss your chance to listen to some of the most influential and thought-provoking speakers from around the globe. As the official media partner of TEDxWanChai, we give you the lowdown on what's in store this year.
What's in Store?
With an huge line-up this year, audiences will get to listen to the likes of professional MMA fighters, musicians, educators, advocates of LGBT+, entrepreneurs, journalists, environmentalists, and many more. Here are just a handful of the inspiring speakers to look out for on the day:
Click here to see the full line-up of speakers.
- Dessa: Internationally renowned singer, rapper, and writer who has performed at Lollapalooza and Glastonbury. Dessa also has a top-200 entry on the Billboard charts, and has contributed to the no.1 album, The Hamilton Mixtape, with her track Congratulations.
- Dennis Philipse: LGBT+ proponent and sports enthusiast who led his team in winning the bid to hosting the 2022 Gay Games in Hong Kong. Making our city the first to host the festival in Asia.
- Megan Lam: Neuroscience and psychology researcher who is studying the intersection of big data, technology and mental health.
- Tom Grundy: Editor-in-chief and co-founder of Hong Kong Free Press, a non-profit, independent news source in Hong Kong.
- Darius Kokou: Human rights advocate and former asylum seeker who advocates for the rights of refugees and asylum seekers in Hong Kong.
- Jane Engelmann: Musician, composer and founder of a choir made up of domestic workers, The Unsung Heroes, who became the face of the 2017 documentary The Helper.
New Pay-It-Forward Initiative
If you really
want to make a difference, this year TEDxWanChai has introduced a new Pay-It-Forward Initiative
. Every Pay-It-Forward ticket purchased will not only get you general admission to the event, but will also provide free admission to someone in need within our community, chosen by the event’s selected charity partners – The Women's Foundation (TWF) and KELY Support Group.
Standard tickets to the event include access to all talk sessions and workshops throughout the day, as well as entrance to the exclusive after-party (with a free-flow bar) and a virtual goodie bag with exclusive gifts from partners and sponsors. Limited tickets are still on sale on ticketflap
so grab them fast.
Want to know more?
For a full rundown of the event, you can find the programme here
, or Visit the Facebook
page for more information.
[button color="blue" size="medium" link="https://localiiz.us4.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=c2964a434922598f5d8ee53ff&id=07d327a2e8" icon="" target="true"]Subscribe to receive our weekly newsletter[/button]