[caption id="attachment_77878" align="alignright" width="200"] Click to view PDF
On November 29, Localiiz officially launched the Localiiz Digest – a print magazine of our most popular articles - at our first ever charity networking social, to support Feeding Hong Kong.
Our fundraising partner, swanky Spanish bar and restaurant The Optimist, kindly donated 10% of all funds raised from the sale of drinks to Feeding Hong Kong.
We didn't want the success of the evening to be wholly dependent on our guests drinking themselves to oblivion though, so we had some games planned too. Guests collected chops - or stamps - on a card presented to them upon arrival by taking part in various activities around the room. The aim? To win fantastic prizes of course!
[su_carousel source="media: 77766,77765,77656,77657,77658,77659,77660,77661,77662,77663,77664,77665,77666,77667,77668,77669,77670,77671,77672,77673,77674,77675,77676,77677,77678" limit="30" target="blank" width="260" height="250" items="2" scroll="2" title="no" arrows="no" autoplay="3000" speed="300"]
Our online partners absolutely exceeded themselves, generously donating over 30 prizes towards this event - not to mention the beautiful artwork created by photographer Nicholas Yger, which Feeding Hong Kong added to the list!
Our guests were all vying for the top prize - a 30-hour group language class with Hong Kong Institute of Languages
worth $5,700 - and after a tremendous night of laughing, networking, and brainstorming, with a healthy dash of competition, the winner was announced. With an impressive 44 chops - outdoing the second prize winner by 20 chops - there was no question who had bagged the top prize!
[su_spoiler title="Check out the great prizes!" style="fancy" icon="chevron-circle"]
- A 30-hour group language class in French, Spanish, Mandarin OR Cantonese with Hong Kong Institute of Languages (worth $5,700)
- Six free HYPOXI sessions (worth $3,994)
- A one hour Ultimate Driving Experience in the World’s Best Simulators at Sideways Driving Club, for a party of six people (value of $3,300+)
- Five Group Equipment, and five Mat Pilates Classes with Iso Fit (total value of $2,050)
- A complementary session of Ozone Sauna Therapy with Life Clinic (valued at $2,000)
- A Rumple the Clown party worth $2,200 for one hour of entertainment with Rumple and Friends
- Unlimited classes for one month at Bounce Limit for three lucky winners (each worth $1,800)
- A one month unlimited adult or kids entry pass to classes at Mindful Wing Chun (value of $1700)
- Two Xavier Pauchard Tolix Style Bar Stools from Stockroom (valued at $1,460)
- An introductory pack to sensory deprivation at Float On Hong Kong (includes three sessions, valued at $1,350)
- Premium teeth whitening treatment at Smile Center for three lucky winners (worth $1,250)
- Two prizes from Iyara Day Spa; one nourishing scalp massage and mask (valued at $1,000), and one Sundari signature facial (valued $980)
- A cut and blow dry with Eco-friendly Love Hair salon (worth $1,000)
- $1000 coupon to Fab Pros beauty and wellness services
- An introductory class to chinese painting for two (1 hour 15 minutes) with KA Atelier valued at $400
- A 90-minute private Reiki treatment session with Shine Body & Soul Healing Centre (valued at $900)
- Two pairs of concert tickets to Hong Kong Philharmonic's Starring Principals Concert on 2 & 3 December
- One Microderm Abrasion Facial with Spa BPZ (valued at $790)
- Two large tubs of Nutrition from Streamline Sports (valued at $400 - $650)
- A $500 discount to a full-day urban photo session with Michael Kistler
- Bikini or swimsuit of choice from Mer Culture's new Moroccan Oasis Crochet collection
- Five $200 discount coupons at Complete Deelite
- Three $150 discount coupons at Jettfoods
[su_custom_gallery source="media: 76126" limit="5" target="blank" width="660" height="330" title="never"][su_custom_gallery source="media: 40656,40650,40649" limit="3" link="image" target="blank" width="200" height="200" title="never"][/su_custom_gallery]
The night was a huge hit, and thanks to everyones' outstanding efforts we were able to raise enough to fund almost 500 meals for Feeding Hong Kong.
We will be hosting regular Socialiizers, so make sure you sign up to our mailing list to stay in the know. We're already busy planning our second event, along with the launch of issue number two of the Localiiz Digest
, in the new year!
[su_box title="About Feeding Hong Kong" box_color="#ff9900" title_color="#000000" radius="2"]
The beneficiary charity, Feeding Hong Kong
, is the first Hong Kong food bank dedicated to rescuing surplus nutritious food from retailers, distributors and manufacturers and redistributing it to people in need. Feeding Hong Kong, together with their network of 66 charity partners, distribute over 100,000 meals, and support over 24,000 people per month, aiding underprivileged individuals and families . For every $5 donated to Feeding Hong Kong, you could help provide a meal to an individual in need![/su_box]
Read more! Check out Your Guide to Charity Work in Hong Kong
or 12 Festive Things To Do in Hong Kong This Christmas
[button color="blue" size="medium" link="https://localiiz.us4.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=c2964a434922598f5d8ee53ff&id=07d327a2e8" icon="" target="true"]Subscribe to receive our weekly newsletter[/button]