What Is CurrencyFair: CurrencyFair
is one of the world's leading peer-to-peer foreign exchange and money transfer services.
We do this by embracing the latest technologies to deliver great exchange rates, supported by outstanding customer service and processes that are easy to understand and use.
CurrencyFair began as a solution for expats looking for a cheap, simple way to send money overseas. The easiest way to achieve this was by swapping with friends who had the corresponding need. This simple idea has developed into a global money transfer platform that has exchanged over HK$81 billion for our customers and saved them over HK$2 billion to date.
Use CurrencyFair For:
- International relocation.
- International education expenses.
- Purchasing property abroad.
- Foreign investment.
- Paying bills and other recurring overseas payments.
- Sending money to loved ones.
- Paying overseas suppliers, employees, and partners.
- Buying foreign assets.
- Receiving payments from customers.
Why Use CurrencyFair:
Bank-Beating Exchange Rates
- Great exchange rates that are up to 5x cheaper than the typical bank.
- 3 months unlimited free transfers for new customers based in Hong Kong.
- Earn HK$250 for every friend, family member or colleague you refer to CurrencyFair.
- One small fee of HK$25 (or its currency equivalent) per transfer, no matter how much you exchange (Applicable when the offer of free transfers expires).
- Your transfer speeds are typically faster, too!
World-Class Customer Support
- Rated 4.8 on Trustpilot.
- International customer support in English, German and French available 24/5 and during shortened hours on weekends.
Trusted, Regulated and Secure
- Over HK$81 billion has been transferred with CurrencyFair.
- To date, CurrencyFair customers have saved over HK$2 billion.
- We are fully licensed and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland and the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, fully authorised by the Monetary Authority of Singapore as well as being licensed with the Money Service Operator in Hong Kong. Customers funds are ringfenced and held in Tier 1 international banks, so your money is always safe and secure.
- Our platform and communications are available in English, German and French.
- We have 20 currencies that can be traded.
Unique to CurrencyFair:
The innovative marketplace gives you flexibility and helps you manage market volatility; set the exchange rate you want, wait for your trade to be matched and get a better rate.
Unlike most money transfer companies, CurrencyFair offers you a choice when it comes to trading currencies:
- You can exchange right now at the best available rate, OR
- Request to be notified when thereâ€™s a better rate.
- Most currencies take 0-2 business days to transfer with only a few taking up to 4 business days, maximum.
- Unlike traditional providers, there is no minimum or maximum sending amount.
- You can do all this in your secure account anytime, anywhere on CurrencyFair.com/hk or from our iOS or Android apps.