Founded in 2008, Bamboa produces attractive and useful home and lifestyle products that are harmonious with the environment. Founder Julia Washbourne had worked for years in Asia’s sourcing industry and seen first-hand the chemicals, pollution, and worker exploitation plaguing so many supply chains. She then decided to use bamboo—the world’s most sustainable plant—as the foundation of her eco-conscious brand. Bamboa’s flagship store is located in PMQ, with an online store and wholesale options as well.
· The fastest growing plant on the planet
· Ready for harvest within three to four years
· Provides livelihoods for rural communities
· Greener alternative to cotton and other resources
· No pesticides or irrigation
· Captures carbon, and releases 35 percent more oxygen than trees!
· Antibacterial and hypoallergenic
· As soft as silk but three times more durable than cotton
Bamboo bed sheets, sleep wear, face masks, towels, T-shirts, scarves, sunglasses, homeware, personal care items, accessories, and more.
All products are produced on a fair-wage basis to the highest environmental and social standards, and packaged in sustainable and reusable materials. Bamboa’s bamboo fabrics are “OEKOTEX”-certified.
Launched in 2020, Bamboa’s Grow Bamboo Initiative plants bamboo to combat climate change and support rural communities. See their official website for more details. Purchase BOO-COIN and have bamboo grown for you!